Author Topic: MessageDisplayByBit with "Undefined message for bit 62" and message empty  (Read 2657 times)

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
I use 4 messagedisplaybybit in each page and I always have "Undefined message for bit 62" and some message aren't displayed

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
I'm sorry I miss the version that is 398g, last one

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
How many bits wide is the tag you are setting PLCAddressValue to?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Also can you add a BasicLabel with the same PLCAddressValue to see what value the HMI is seeing for the tag.

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
Each associated variable is a DINT. Now I try to add basic label and I keep you updated

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
I send you a screenshot. As you see on top I have 4 Messagedisplaybybit and the variables values are ALLARMI1 ALLARMI2 ALLARMI3 and ALLARMI4

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. In design view, what do you have in DefaultMessage, Text, and Value properties?

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
DefaultMessage is left blank, text is left blank and value is 0

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Test this out with version 3.98j. I did all my testing with that version and can't seem to reproduce it, so maybe it has been fixed. Version 3.98j has some major changes to the ControlLogix driver so there may be a new bug or so in the driver. This new driver has shown up to 20x performance gains. You can set the PollRateOverride to 0 to get maximum update rate which should be between 4ms and 20ms depending on the number and type of tags.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I just came across a problem with MessageDisplayByBit that may be related. When using the highest bit number for eample bit 31 in a DINT, it will return a negative number. The MessageDisplayByValue does not know the bit width, so it converts everything to 64 bit. The side effect is that a negative number will produce a lot of errors and even and exception.