Author Topic: How are you displaying your text?  (Read 1000 times)

Mvlawn

• View Profile
How are you displaying your text?
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »
I have a weather vane, and I would like to display a N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE. In the PLC I have a series of Greater Than and Less Than's writing to C10 through C17 depending on the value. I really like the Blue Panel meter but it only accepts numerical format. What is everyone using to display text on a true bit?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: How are you displaying your text?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:09:54 PM »
I tend to use the BasicLabel and MessageDisplayByValue a lot because the control of BackgroundColor and the selection of any font makes it most flexible for getting different looks.

Mvlawn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion Archie. Can I stack them, and only make them visible when the bit is true or false? How can i relabel the displayed value such as N or NW?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »
You can control the visibility by using PLCAddressVisible. This is a boolean, so the logic can be reverse by preceding the address with NOT

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:39:33 PM »
You could also try using the latest version of the RotationalPositionIndicator control:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1143.0

Only the angle value (defined as double floating) would need to be provided by the PLC.

The range of each N, NE, E, SE ... spans 45 degrees. See the attached picture for how it gets displayed.
There is a ShowSuffix property that allows showing of the text after the degree value.

The control can still be used as RotationalPositionIndicator and its zero/home position changed from N to S or W or E.
If the control is used as the WeatherVane then this zero/home position will reflect the North.

Do report any bugs if found.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:05:23 PM by Godra »