Author Topic: Error exiting application R6025 Pure virtual function call  (Read 1909 times)

Robert1

• View Profile
Error exiting application R6025 Pure virtual function call
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
Error exiting application

I'm using HMI version 3.4 and VB.Net 2010.

I modified the demo form included in AdvancedHMI 3.4 to read and write registers and IO points for my application using  a ML 1400.  This worked fine, no errors when exiting the application.  I added the modified demo form to my project (many other modules and forms).  I combined this project and the AdvancedMHIDrivers project into a common solution.  That is, I have one solution with two projects.  When exiting the application I get the following error only if I access the AdvancedHMI parts of the code:

(Note I'm using VB.NET 2010)

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error!

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\GS\bin\GS.vshost.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call

I have tried exiting the application via the Main() sub routine finishing, End command,  or Environment.Exit(0) and all produce the same error message.

Any experience or advice with this error?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Error exiting application R6025 Pure virtual function call
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Once you move things around in the solution, it can get a little hairy because the underlying drivers use some shared components. The base project is setup to ensure these shared resources are all released allowing a graceful exit.

I haven't seen that error before, but only on rare occasions do I pull additional projects into the solution.