Author Topic: Problem upgrading from a previous version.  (Read 2076 times)

vitico bon

• View Profile
Problem upgrading from a previous version.
« on: November 05, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
I have never used AdvancedHMI until yesterday when I fond a possible application for it. So was very happy when in just 2 hours was able to do a Modbus connection to a Click PLC and star bringing buttons, gauges and other toys into the form and successfully connect to the desired addresses. But then I found a problem with the PilotLite control that only can connect to a byte boundary (it will work properly with address 08193 but no with 08193, same happened with the Alarm control, MomentaryButton work fine with any address.

My fist idea was to upgrade to the new version since I was using an older one. but then then in the new version each time I try to bring a control into the form I got the error in the attached picture, any ideas. Maybe I need to clear something in the registry since I was using the old version.

Note that although I have many yeas of experience dealing with VB, I am a novice when it comes to .NET

Will appreciate anyone help since I want to present the idea of using your HMI to my superiors ASAP   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:29:50 PM by Archie »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Proble upgrading from a previous version.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »

vitico bon

• View Profile
Re: Problem upgrading from a previous version.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »
Follow step by step to same result.

Just to verify, I downloaded the new version, and extracted the files into a folder named "Advanced HMI"  in the rood directory after renaming my old version "Advanced HMI old", As far as I know that will be all that I need to do. Correct? No installation or any other file need to be move to the system folders of Widows. 

By the way, I you can tell me why I cant get the PilotLight control to work that will be all I need for now, and then I can take care of this other issue at a later time.

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »
Never mind, my bad, the controls were not compiled, as I said my experience is very limited with .net. I used to be a VB guy. I you are curious to see some of my works you can go to www.vbonachea.com then "Mac Product">PC applications. Bringing that experience into .NET seem right now a daunting task.   

Still with problem with the bit data in the PilotLight.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »
What are the addresses you are having problems with? In your first post, you stated the same address twice.

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »
Well sir, It appears that was a problem with the previous version, just finish the upgrade and it is working fine now. Any way he addresses were 08193 and 08194.

But as I said, all is good now,
Thank you for your help.
Victor.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »
I did a quick test to verify 08193 and 08194 worked properly. This is what I did:

- Downloaded a blank program with only an END statement to make sure the PLC program wasn't controlling the addresses
- Added 2 PilotLights and set PLCAddressValue to 08193 in one and 08194 in the other
- Added 2 BasicButtons and set PLCAddressClick to 08193 and 08194
- Ran the HMI
- Clicked and held the first BasicButton. The PLC output came on and the PiliotLight came on
- Then released the button to see the output go off and the PilotLight go off
- Repeated with the 2nd BasicButton

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »
I posted my test results at the same time you were posting, so it sounds like things are good.