Author Topic: C++ builder  (Read 3252 times)

maryc

• View Profile
C++ builder
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »
i just downloaded this s/w and am playing around with it a bit.
i dont know much about PLCs; my applications use microcontrollers and i'm hoping to be able to use this.
so far, seems like i might be able to do it.
btw, GREAT WORK in putting this together.
now to the main question:
i am more into c/c++ and have used C++ builder quite a bit in the past. is there a way i can "transport" this into builder 6.0? is that even possible or did i just make a fool of myself by even asking that?
thanks in advance.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: C++ builder
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
AdvancedHMI is built around Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET framework, so porting over to a different development environment would not be very easy. You can fairly easily use C# in Visual Studio by adding a new C# project to the Solution.

The more difficult problem may be communication with a microcontroller. Some have successfully set it up to work with the Arduino and the ModbusTCP protocol.

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
Re: C++ builder
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »
I have been a Borland fan from way way way back.  I cut my teeth on Turbo C, Turbo Pascal, and then Turbo C++.  I resisted going to Microsoft's IDE for a long time, but I must tell you that they got this part right.  Go ahead and make the switch over to .net and Visual Studio (even express) and you will won't be sorry. There is so much more available to you once you make the switch.

come to the dark side....    :)