Author Topic: Only one meter at a time works  (Read 691 times)

dd33

• View Profile
Only one meter at a time works
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »
Hello,
I have been experimenting with AdvancedHMI for the last couple of hours.  I am polling a DL06 PLC and trying to display 9 analog meters and 2 bar meters on a single page.  For some reason only one of the meters will work at a time.  Every time I re-run the application a different one will work.  The modbus tcp polling is set for 100ms
and I am using floating point numbers.  Can anyone offer some advice?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:36:38 PM by dd33 »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Only one meter at a time works
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
I would recommend trying to use a Modbus simulator such as ModRSim2, so you can eliminate the possibility of PLC communications:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/modrssim2/?source=directory

dd33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
Strangely the problem is intermittent.  If I use the pc to simulate the modbus values I get similar results.  The meters only work intermittently, some of them seem to be more problematic than others.  I just ran the program 15 times.  One meter didn't work 5 of those times, another didn't work 6 of them, the other 9 were reliable.

This behavior sounds a bit different from what I described in the original post.  I was not polling data for all 11 meters last night so it looked a little different to me.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
Have you tried starting your form with 1 meter only and then adding other meters one by one to see at what point it becomes intermittent?

What are the addresses that you are polling?

dd33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »
I switched from Floating Point numbers to unsigned integers and I think it is working now.  I will restart it a few dozen times and try to report back.

Thanks