General Category > Additional Components

Charting App for BasicDataLogger

(1/4) > >>

Archie:
This started out as an update to the QuickChart provided by Godra, but changed significant enough that I wanted to post it on its own thread. You can open the solution and run it as it. Either Reload the test file or browse to your own log file.

The biggest differences from Godra's Quickchart:

- No auto mode, you must manually click Reload file
- Pan and zoom buttons as opposed to date and time selection

Still a work in progress, so it may still have some bugs. The next step is to make it into a control that can be added to a form in an AdvancedHMI project.

Archie:
Updated with a bug fix

Archie:
Update 2

Godra:
Using Archie's version should definitely be considered over using the QuickChart from other topic.
It is working far faster, should support far larger log files and can be resized.

Attached in this post is the modified version which includes support for Annotations.
The attached picture shows what it looks like.

Until the time Archie provides this chart in the form of a control, this is what I would suggest:

1) Make any desired modifications to the solution and then create .exe file
2) Move this .exe file to the location of your log files
3) It would be possible to add a button to AHMI project, which would run this .exe file. Take a look at this topic:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ddac8c8db92f3db9c2512b235f3cc51b&topic=1532.0

It might be possible to add this chart project to your AHMI project, reference things properly and use it from there (I have not tried it yet).

Godra:
It is also possible to add AUTO Refresh for the live chart.

These would be the steps:

1) Add a timer to the form and set its Interval to 10000 (be mindful about the number you would want to use).
2) Add a button to the form, possibly to look like the attached picture, and name it AUTORefreshButton. You could set its anchor points to either Bottom or Bottom, Right.
3) Add the code similar to the following:

--- Code: ---    Private Sub AUTORefreshButton_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles AUTORefreshButton.Click
        Me.Timer1.Enabled = Not Me.Timer1.Enabled
        If Me.Timer1.Enabled Then
            Me.AUTORefreshButton.BackColor = Color.Red
        Else
            Me.AUTORefreshButton.UseVisualStyleBackColor = True
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        Me.ReloadFileButton.PerformClick()
    End Sub

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version