Author Topic: Using AdvancedHmi on Micrologix 1000  (Read 2088 times)

Sparky3

• View Profile
Using AdvancedHmi on Micrologix 1000
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:12:41 AM »
I'm having trouble when I Start the project on the HMI it says “no response from PLC” what does the plc address relate too? On my Allan Bradley micrologx 1000 the inputs and outputs are I:0.0/0 and O:0.0/2. what does the address you use relate to? I'm trying to turn a input on using a momentary button.

Do I have the correct driver?

What does PLC address relate too?

Is there a way to know the plc is talking to the AvancedHMI?

Is there a guide to do this?

Phrog30

Re: Using AdvancedHmi on Micrologix 1000
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
Don't use actual IO, use internals like B3 or N7, etc.

Add a basic label and the address you enter will be something like B3:0/0. You can actually copy the address text from RSLogix and paste it in AHMI. You know it's working when you see the basic label show the value during runtime.

No idea if you are using the right driver because you didn't say what you are using. I'm guessing you are using serial.

Sparky3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
Yes I’m using Serial. What are the internals? What would B3 or N7 relate to? For example do I label B3 on input I:0.0/0 on RSlogix. Then copy B3 to the plc address value on AHMI? Really appreciate you’re help. Thanks

Phrog30

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to explain the PLC side to you.

It's best practice to reference non IO in an HMI, plus some PLCs won't "allow" it.

What I'm suggesting is for testing purposes reference B3:0/0, or another PLC address that isn't being used in the program. Then toggle that value in the PLC and see if your HMI "sees" the value change.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »
You should also research this forum for there is a bunch of topics that mention MicroLogix 1000.

Here is one of them explaining the bit B3 usage, there is also a solution and one rss file available that shows ladder logic:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=516.msg4427#msg4427

Sparky3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 02:22:37 AM »
Thanks for help. I'm still having trouble getting the AHMI to work. I'm using a Micrologix 1000 connected to my computer using a serial cable on com port 3. I know the cable is working as I can view ladder logic on RSlogic micro starter lite and run plc in remote run. Forcing on inputs and outputs.

I just can't get the AVHI to turn on inputs and read outputs. It just seems like its not connecting.

Driver : DF1com3
PLCAddressClicK : B3:0/0
SquareIlluminatedButton1
BaudRate: 9600
ComPort: COM3

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Phrog30

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 06:17:36 AM »
When you are testing AHMI is RSLinx running the DF1 driver to the same comm port? If so, turn it off. Pretty sure linx is hogging that connection.

By the way, you can read inputs, but you can't turn them on, at least not in run mode.

Sparky3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi, I tried that today and its working now. I'm sure I tried that before. Thanks, finally got it working.