Author Topic: Idea for a new somewhat complicated control  (Read 3044 times)

Jesse

• View Profile
Idea for a new somewhat complicated control
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:21:49 PM »
Hey Archie,

Before I start I'd just like to point out this isn't an idea for logging data so much, I can write the code to log data to a database but what I'm looking for is more of a visual instrument.
I'm attaching with this a photo of a chart recorder from an EZ HMI panel that graphs lines of your setpoints and actual process values in real time.

My idea for you was to make a control that is a graph that the user has properties for a Time span and then also a property of how many increments to break that timespan into on the graph. Also properties for the left side of the graph such as your actual process value like 0 to 2500 degrees etc., and options to set a certain color line to a specific tag your polling information from. Now im not interested in keeping this information, it would just be a nice troubleshooting tool to be able to see what my process values have been for the last hour prior to me being called out to that machine, So what I'm saying is a scrolling graph that once the oldest information has past it is lost. I'd try to make this control myself but I know nothing of how to use graphics in Vb.net.

It be pretty cool if this control is possible to make without logging data but I'm not sure if it is, What do you think?

qwideman

• View Profile
Re: Idea for a new somewhat complicated control
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »
...I haven't been on the AdvancedHMI project in a bit (waiting for ModbusRTU driver) but it seems to me I recall doing that. If you already can code to a database, u might be able to code this in VB, all u need is to use a "chart object". It works something like "chart1.plotpoint(x,y)" but I don't recall the actual instruction for it.

Quinton

salman123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »
Hey Archie,

Before I start I'd just like to point out this isn't an idea for logging data so much, I can write the code to log data to a database but what I'm looking for is more of a visual instrument.
I'm attaching with this a photo of a chart recorder from an EZ HMI panel that graphs lines of your setpoints and actual process values in real time.

My idea for you was to make a control that is a graph that the user has properties for a Time span and then also a property of how many increments to break that timespan into on
prince

fohdeesha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
this is a good example of an add-in I'd gladly pay $20 or more for, even if it was super simple.

I'm currently using the free version of daqfactory to graph temperature, it would be amazing if I could instead do it right in the HMI (it's annoying to have to switch programs on my touchscreen just to check on temp trends)

Even if it was just super simple with a scale you set and a time window, no history or logging or anything, just so you can see trends like this - http://i.imgur.com/FedJFk2.png