Author Topic: Control Logix Setting up comm and IO  (Read 1254 times)

Jimlee20

• View Profile
Control Logix Setting up comm and IO
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »
Forgive me but I am new to this product and the forum.  Many years ago I used VB to develop an HMI and it worked great.  I am looking forward to getting this up and running.

My question is when I assign a tag to say a button or indicating light which attribute do I use?  On the button there is PLCAddressClick and PLCAddressVisible.  I place my tagname into the Click attribute as well as a light.  I do not see any changes in my PLC code or the HMI.

I have a CompactLogix L35E V20. I tried the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom as well as the EthernetIPforCLXCom.  I bet it is a simple problem I have but I cannot see what it is at the moment.

Thanks.

Jim

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Control Logix Setting up comm and IO
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
The EthernetIPforCLXCom is the driver that works with the CompactLogix. After you add one to the form, then set the IPAddress property to the setting of your PLC.

Add a MomentaryButton to your form and set the PLCAddressClick to a controller scope tag name. If you want to use a program scope tag, you must use the format PROGRAM:programname.tagname

Then add a PilotLight and set the PLCAddressValue to a tag in your PLC.

Run the application and you should be able to change the bit with the button and the pilot light should change based on the bit set above.