Author Topic: Control Logix - Driver  (Read 1956 times)

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Control Logix - Driver
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:39 PM »
Since V397 D I cant seen to get this to work , Momentary buttons , in control logix , an  actual input will work but controller tags will not , bool , int , etc.  Basic Indicator same problem , In 397d all worked fine . Tried the latest version with no success ,  I could send you the actual project files if that would be any help

Darrell
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:47:24 PM by Darrell »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Control Logix - Driver
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:25 PM »
I just did a quick test with version 3.98.

- created a controller scope tag named DintTag (type DINT) in a CompactLogix
- Added a DigitalPanelMeter and set PLCAddressValue to DintTag
- Added a momentary button and set PLCAddressClick to DintTag.0
- Ran the application and as long as I hold the button I see a 1 on the meter, it returns to 0 when I release

- I then create a Bool Tag named Alarm1
- Added a BasicButton and set PLCAddressClick to Alarm1
- Added a BasicIndicator and set PLCAddressSelectColor2 to Alarm1
- Ran the app and as long as I hold the Button, the Indicator stays green, release it and it goes back gray.

Am I testing the same way your are?\

Darrell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »
Testing on A 1756-L61  Control Logix 5561 controller ver 16 and L71 ver20  , stop/start circuit and running indicator lights on a live machine,
Local:4:I.Data.1  input for my start       G2124E.B3[1]  bool to beak my seal in circuit , all this worked in version 397D but not in ver E or the latest

Digital Panel meter seems to work fine retrieving floating Floating point values  , A label retrieves timer values OK,   will do more testing tomorrow and try an gather more info for you , Ive downloaded wire shark also a will try and get that to you also,

Darrell
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:41:18 PM by Darrell »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:13 PM »
You won't be able to write to Local:4:I directly. That bit is tied to a physical input, so any value written to it by the HMI will be immediately over written by the value of the input.

Darrell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »
oddly enough a physical input can be pulsed like a push button in the field , to seal in a rung.

IF I create a new Int or dint , or used some from the picture , with a push button or indicator light I get invalid tag , it worked in 397D but not in any version afterwards. Has anything changed in this driver , any ideas of what I could look at to help solve this. I thought that maybe importing the form from 397D to 398 may cause the problem , so I started to rebuild in V398 , and still shows up,

Darrell

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:15:32 PM »
oddly enough a physical input can be pulsed like a push button in the field , to seal in a rung.
Do you mean it's pulsed within the ladder program?

IF I create a new Int or dint , or used some from the picture , with a push button or indicator light I get invalid tag , it worked in 397D but not in any version afterwards. Has anything changed in this driver , any ideas of what I could look at to help solve this. I thought that maybe importing the form from 397D to 398 may cause the problem , so I started to rebuild in V398 , and still shows up,
I'm not able to replicate this. When you create a new tag, is it a controller scope tag?

Darrell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »
A physical Input , If it is pulsed from a push button in the field or if  I do it from a PB on my HMI , both tied to the same input , I get the same result , It will pulse that input signal.

as for the other problem I have
Not sure if this will help , I use all controller scope tags,

darrell

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
Version 3.98a is now available to download. I tested this using your UDTs to make sure it was working.