Author Topic: Driver compatabilty  (Read 1184 times)

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Driver compatabilty
« on: June 21, 2015, 11:37:50 AM »
Just out of curiosity , is there a list as to what drivers are compatible with what PLC's, There are so many plc's on the market today and myself being only familiar with Allen Bradley PLC's  and prosoft modbus cards it's a bit hard to buy something else to experiment with . If there isn't one maybe this is a good place to start one.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Driver compatabilty
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »
The easy ones...

- Almost all AB
- Any Beckhoff with TwinCAT
- Omrons that support host link or FINS, such as C200, CP1H, CS1

The more difficult are the ones that use Modbus. If it supports ModbusRTU or ModbusTCP, then it will most likely work. However since Modbus is a generic standard, it can be difficult figuring out how to address things in certain PLCs. Also some PLCs do not support Modbus by default, but require program functions blocks. The only ones that I have personally used Modbus with are the AutomationDirect Click PLC. I have also used it with AD servo drives and temperature controllers.

Maybe some other users will chime and tell the PLCs they have used the Modbus drivers with.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Driver compatabilty
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
Here is something I found that can give an idea of the range of PLC/Devices that can be used with a Modbus driver:

http://www.sielcosistemi.com/en/products/winlog_scada_hmi/scada_driver.html