Author Topic: Ethernet/IP Socket Server  (Read 2212 times)

p.ban

• View Profile
Ethernet/IP Socket Server
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
Hi,

Firstly would like to Appreciate/Thank you for given such a user friendly libraries. Catch is we can't able to write our own components.

Would like to know how we can make use of your library(dll) to run as a server. My application requirement is to received messages from the ControlLogix and log the data. I am looking for more towards a client-server concept. Appreciate if you can guide on this.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Ethernet/IP Socket Server
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
AdvancedHMI is designed to be open enough to allow you to develop your own components. We cover this in our advanced training sessions.

As for using the DLLs, the software licensing does not allow pieces to be pulled out of the package to be used in other applications. The software license intent is to create applications and extend the package and distribute as a complete package. The purpose of this licensing model is to keep AdvancedHMI a self-proliferating development software package.

As for logging data, it is not too complicated to achieve with a little bit of VB code. There are multiple ways to achieve this. One is to add a BasicLabel to a form and also add a timer that will get the Text property from the BasicLabel on regular intervals and store it in a database.

You can also add a timer and in the Tick event handler, read the data directly from the PLC using the ReadAny or ReadSynchronous methods of the driver.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
Hi,

Does AHMI allow reading a Tag value on a Tag-value-change ? As far as I know the OPC Servers allows that.
I know that AHMI can read the value every X mseconds but I was wandering if it can subscribe to an event on the PLC.

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 02:23:08 PM »
Does AHMI allow reading a Tag value on a Tag-value-change ? As far as I know the OPC Servers allows that.
I know that AHMI can read the value every X mseconds but I was wandering if it can subscribe to an event on the PLC.
If you run WireShark while the OPC is "subscribed to an event" I think you will discover that it is continuously polling the values from the PLC and watching for a change. When a change occurs, it fires an event to send it back to the client.

AdvancedHMI mimics this behavior with a DataSubscriber. If you double click on a DataSubscriber, it will take you to the default DataChanged event handler. But there is also a DataReturned event handler that will fire every time data is returned whether is has changed or not.