Author Topic: AdvancedHMIv399yBeta12  (Read 1344 times)

larryhts

• View Profile
AdvancedHMIv399yBeta12
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:01:09 AM »
I am using AdvancedHMIv399yBeta12 on a 10" AdvancedHMI Panel PC. I am having trouble writing to an integer in a P2-550 AutomationDirect PLC. I have tried the DigitalPanelMeter1, AnalogValueDisplay, Basiclabel.  I have used the Modbus/TCP driver before. I have used this same setup on other app's with no trouble. I am getting no errors. The boolean is working fine both read and write. I have checked to make sure the integers are not in the ladder yet and even made new integers, still no write or errors?

larryhts

• View Profile
Re: AdvancedHMIv399yBeta12
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »
I figured out my trouble all is working when you find out you have to use the 400033@L or @F or @S. Sorry for taking up your time with my lack of learning. Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
I just started getting some good experience with the P2-550 processor. One of these was on my shelf for over a year and this is the first time it has been powered up.

I got to the point of downloading a program and setting the IP address before I saw that you solved your problem. I'm going to keep working on figuring out how to use Modbus with the P2-550 so I can be a little more prepared and faster to respond the next time someone has a question.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:38:02 AM »
Archie, Sorry for wasting your time with this one. I got used to the older version and was not thinking. I have 5 machines now that use an  VB AdvanceHMI app on the sever to collect and validate production data to a SQL server Database.  The machine I am working on has a P2-550 and a AB PLC. We bought your 10” panel PC to be the HMI so I can bring both controls into one panel. I really like the panel PC and the software. You have the best support going. Thanks for a Great Product. It makes my job so much easier.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:30:08 AM »
Not a waste of time at all. I've been needing a good reason to dig into the Productivity software. The original reason that PLC was purchased was so I could study the protocol and see about writing a native communication driver.

Do you have the AB PLC and the P2-550 exchanging data directly? After looking around the software a little I've become curious about the Ethernet/IP support.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »
I do not have power yet to the AB part of the machine.  I am planning to see what’s possible when they get power to it.
I will have to let you know later how it work out. Thanks

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
The productivity Help file search “ Ethernet/IP for the Productivity Series” it gives a good example of connecting to an AB PLC.  This is what I would like to try when we get power to that machine.  Let me know if you get yours talking to an AB.

Thanks

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 10:37:25 AM »
Is there a way to make the touch panel hold a touch on until released like a click event? The touch seems to fire on the release not the touch.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »
Is there a way to make the touch panel hold a touch on until released like a click event? The touch seems to fire on the release not the touch.
There should be a driver on the memory stick for that. But do note it does not handle gestures so you will not be able to scroll by dragging.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »
The doc’s that came with the panel did not mention having to install the driver. Works fine now. Thanks again for the great support.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
The doc’s that came with the panel did not mention having to install the driver. Works fine now. Thanks again for the great support.
The driver is optional for only when you need a jog style capability. Otherwise the default Windows driver works better.

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
For the default windows driver, if you click and then drag down the button will maintain.
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »
timryder -  Thanks that is good to know.