Author Topic: Question about DH+ driver  (Read 2592 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Question about DH+ driver
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
I tried that with no luck. I've matched the IP to the ENI, and I get a "Write Failed!No response from PLC during write" error.
The ENI module should work, but there is a bug in the firmware. If a connection is not properly closed, the ENI module will not release it. Eventually it will tie up all connections. If possible cycle the power on the module and try again. Be sure to use the EthernetIPforSLCMicro driver.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
I tried that with no luck. I've matched the IP to the ENI, and I get a "Write Failed!No response from PLC during write" error.
The ENI module should work, but there is a bug in the firmware. If a connection is not properly closed, the ENI module will not release it. Eventually it will tie up all connections. If possible cycle the power on the module and try again. Be sure to use the EthernetIPforSLCMicro driver.
Cycled power, still same thing. Write error failure. I'm using the EthernetIPforSLCMicro driver.

I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and spend the money to buy a 5/05 processor to get this ball rolling, unless you have another idea. We didn't want to do that because we are planning on doing a full controls overhaul in the coming future, which will be Beckhoff processor, ect.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 05:10:45 PM »
You can still try with the RTA Net ENI, as is not that expensive as it is the SLC 505.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 05:42:53 PM »
Can you do a Wireshark capture and post the file?

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 07:02:03 AM »

I apologize for the delay. I'm in a bit of a battle with the IT department trying to get wireshark installed so I can get the capture for you. They are fighting it.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »

I apologize for the delay. I'm in a bit of a battle with the IT department trying to get wireshark installed so I can get the capture for you. They are fighting it.

I am shocked, my IT department uses wire shark all the time. It's a great tool for them.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 06:49:12 AM »

I am shocked, my IT department uses wire shark all the time. It's a great tool for them.
I'm sure they use it, they just don't want it out there on the network.

I managed to find a spare SLC 5/05 processor for this project, so that is the route I am going so that I can get it done.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 08:16:13 AM »
Good Luck!