Author Topic: invalid cast exception  (Read 1386 times)

pal

• View Profile
invalid cast exception
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »
Hi ,

First may I wish everyone a happy holiday .

I had a little time today so I tried to upgrade a project from 3.84 to 3.94 . The PLC is an AB Compact L32E
using IP for CLX driver . The status pages all went without a hitch but the last page has several basic buttons .
They use a tag for highlighting with the name PLCtoHMIbits.n and the click address as HMItoPLCbits.n .
    The screen slowed right down and some comms were lost . The exception  was located at line 1031 in the
ip for clx code . I have'nt done VB for nearly 20 years so I've a mountain to climb , and at the moment your code is beyond me .
Deleting all but one of the buttons restored normal function .
I'm wondering if this is associated with other problems you're having , and if this willl help solving it .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: invalid cast exception
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
What is the highest bit number you are using?

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 03:51:45 AM »
At the moment , the highest is 7 . I did try adding a 2nd button but without sucess . Reviewing my previous post , I
didn@t make it clear that it was working fine in V3.84 .  I am at home now and don't have access to the program till Monday .
Thank you for your Quick response Archie , I didn't think anyone would be online till after the holidays . Please enjoy yours .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 08:17:43 AM »
I was able to reproduce this problem with just 2 buttons. I fixed the problem so it will be part of the next release, hopefully within the next day or two.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »
Version 3.95 is now available that should fix this problem.

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »
Hi Archie ,
I had to go in today on another job , but I tried V3.95 while I was there . Sucess !
Transfered from V3.84 and the pages all ran without a hitch . The 7 buttons all loaded
and worked correctly .

Thank you for your unexpected help over the holiday period .

Paul