Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Support Questions / Re: System.StackOverflowException while trying to closed form
« Last post by thunting on February 01, 2024, 08:08:58 AM »
Sorry, I found my answer. Thanks for the help

Here is the link for the answer to my question.
https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=303.msg1069#msg1069
Support Questions / Re: System.StackOverflowException while trying to closed form
« Last post by thunting on February 01, 2024, 08:07:20 AM »
I noticed after removing the above listed code from the forms, other than the Main, the application does not close. I realize this is what Archie mentions in his post, but I'm unsure how to fix the application not closing from other forms than the Main. Or is the expected method to remove the "close" button from the title bar of the other forms and force users to return to the Main form to close the application? Any suggestions?
« Last post by thunting on January 31, 2024, 05:30:42 PM »
Thanks Archie, that fixed it.
« Last post by Archie on January 30, 2024, 05:17:48 PM »
That piece of code should only be in the MainForm or the Mainmenu form, which would be the only form being closed to exit the application.
Support Questions / System.StackOverflowException while trying to closed form
« Last post by thunting on January 30, 2024, 04:47:22 PM »
Hello,
I keep getting an exception when I close any form in my application. Here are the details:

System.StackOverflowException
  HResult=0x800703E9
  Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>
  StackTrace:
<Cannot evaluate the exception stack trace>

The call stack trace shows a loop of 521 times while running the stock code listed below. The exception is thrown at My.Application.OpenForms(index).Close().

Thanks for any help

Code: [Select]
    '***************************************************************
    '* .NET does not close hidden forms, so do it here
    '* to make sure forms are disposed and drivers close
    '***************************************************************
    Private Sub MainForm_FormClosing(sender As Object, e As FormClosingEventArgs) Handles MyBase.FormClosing

Dim index As Integer
        While index < My.Application.OpenForms.Count
            If My.Application.OpenForms(index) IsNot Me Then
                My.Application.OpenForms(index).Close()
            End If
            index += 1
        End While

End Sub
Support Questions / Re: EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom Conect to Micrologix 1400
« Last post by Archie on January 30, 2024, 04:44:38 PM »
can you ping the IP address?
Support Questions / EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom Conect to Micrologix 1400
« Last post by Fer-Vargas on January 30, 2024, 04:38:16 PM »
I Have been reading the question and post, and I know this may be an old question for all.

Could you please help me understand how to use EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom or send me a manual to read?

I am trying to connect to a Micro 1400 and it shows me that I have an error, with the connection regarding either the IP of plc Issue or the Port number on the driver.

Also If you help me understand if on the reader I can ask for the address ("N19:0")? or if I need to use a specific address for those registers?

That's good to know. I will get the latest version and try again. I post here if the new version works for me.

Thank you for the advice!
The version of the dll is 1.2.5.0 when I look at the properties.
That's quite an older version. If you email sales at advancedhmi.com, and give your order number or email in which it was registered, you can get the latest version that won't give an exception.
The version of the dll is 1.2.5.0 when I look at the properties.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10