Author Topic: Circuit Breaker Symbol  (Read 5222 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Circuit Breaker Symbol
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 04:34:18 PM »
Once you extract all the files there is a file with installation instructions that you should carefully read in order to create AHMI controls (try to read it fully before doing anything).

Do let me know if you need further assistance (or just let me know if everything works properly on your end).

Thank you.

Mvlawn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
I think I hosed something up. All of the .vb files are under my main project. Shouldn't they be in the controls folder?

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »
You didn't really hose up anything (you followed the instructions which were intended for general users - I just updated and refined the document to prevent that from happening to AHMI users in the future and also added some more details to the installation procedure).

What you can currently do is remove all these new controls (right-click each control and then click Delete).

Then in the step 4 that says to "right-click project, point to Add and select Existing Items" you should instead right-click the PurchasedControls folder, point to Add and select Existing Items.

This way you will keep all the controls in the same folder.

Also read my next post.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:26:15 PM by Godra »

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 06:29:53 PM »
This package is not available any longer.

In some other posts in this forum, Archie already suggested that pretty much any Windows Forms control could be converted to AHMI control. It is only a matter of choosing one of the existing controls from the Controls folder as the best suited template.

The choice of WaterPump.vb control seems to be the most appropriate since it offers generally acceptable template for converting pretty much any Windows Forms control to AHMI control (some errors could possibly appear generally related to some property being non-existent in the original control).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:30:15 AM by Godra »