Author Topic: Problem with multidrop Modbus  (Read 4607 times)

DougLyons

• View Profile
Problem with multidrop Modbus & ModRSsim2
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »
Godra,

All settings for the ModRSsim2 program are stored in the registry here:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adroit Technologies\Adroit\Simulators\ModbusRTUSim]

There is a later version of the software available for download that may work better on small screen sizes.

Thanks,

Doug Lyons

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Problem with multidrop Modbus
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »
Thank you Doug.

Just to let you know that this latest version 8.21.2.4 is still hiding 2 and a half buttons in the top right corner (even on a bigger screen with 1280x800 resolution).

For the small screen, version 8.21.1.9 shows properly.

EDIT: Just tried version 8.21.2.4 on the small screen again and now it shows all the buttons. Attached is the picture of this new version on the bigger screen with 2.5 buttons hidden (which was the case with the initial run on the small screen but is now changed).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:52:19 AM by Godra »

DougLyons

• View Profile
Problem with multidrop Modbus & ModRSsim2
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 02:21:38 AM »
Godra,

Thanks for your testing and updates.

After my initial SourceForge upload of version 8.21.2.4 I continued testing at lower screen resolutions.
What I found was the hidden buttons as you noted on 1280 and 800 pixel width screens.
I added a check for the Screen Width and made a correction of the Toolbar's position based on my findings.
Afterwards, I did another upload to SourceForge. It showed no downloads at that time, but this may be broken right now.
So, there was about a 4 hour window with slightly different code and you must had gotten a copy of the original code.
Now when you tested again, you were able to download the later code, so it works better for you.

Thanks again,
Doug Lyons