Author Topic: Advanced HMI Writing Data Question  (Read 1305 times)

bkane

• View Profile
Advanced HMI Writing Data Question
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »
Hello,

I am new to using Advanced HMI and have a question. I am using the Allen Bradley Micro850 and am having trouble using the HMI to write boolean inputs to the PLC. I am able to read values from the PLC to turn on LEDs on my HMI, but am unable to send the PLC any inputs. I tried using both the basic button and checkboxes to send the boolean function to no avail. Could it be something with how I write my addresses in the check box or button properties?

For example I'm trying to send a boolean input to adress _IO_EM_DI_01 using a check box or a button, whichever is better. And there are properties for PLCAddressCheckChanged, PLCAddressChecked, PLCAddressText, and PLCAddressVisible. If I wanted to use a checkbox to send my input, which should I set _IO_EM_DI_01 as?

I'd appreciate any input on how I could solve this.

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Advanced HMI Writing Data Question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:22:46 PM »
You cannot write directly to physical input tags. If you do, on the next program scan the value of the physical input will overwrite it with it's value before you see it.

Create a global scope tag named MyButton
Add a BasicButton to the form
Set PLCAddressClick to MyButton

bkane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:52:30 AM »
Hello Archie,

Thank you so much for your reply. Again, I'm new at this so please bear with me. But are you asking me to create a global scope tag for my input in Connected Components or in AdvancedHMI? I see the tag input for the properties of the basic button but am unsure how to connect that to my PLC input.

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
You need to create a global scope tag in CCW

bkane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:39:08 AM »
Thankyou! I understand now. I appreciate it Archie.