Author Topic: OPC-UA Driver  (Read 3109 times)

seth350

• View Profile
OPC-UA Driver
« on: June 16, 2018, 10:24:24 PM »
I know that the OPC-DA SDK is finicky but I wanted to throw this out there for future consideration.

Now that we are in this calamity of IoT, more and more devices are turning on to OPC-UA. There are some open source projects out there and SDKs to add OPC-UA to a .NET project. I have not attempted to integrate it into AdvancedHMI yet. I haven’t had any downtime to give it a try.

If OPC-UA could be added to AdvancedHMI, that would mean that every single PLC in my plant could be connected to an AdvancedHMI app. As well as newer devices that are coming out.

The OPC-DA driver it has now doesn’t seem to work correctly with all servers. Or at least with a B&R plc.
This PLC can do ModbusTCP, explicit EIP, Powerlink, OPC-DA, and OPC-UA. As well as HTTP and TCP/UDP.

Just a suggestion...

seth350

• View Profile
Re: OPC-UA Driver
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »
No bites on this?

I have been researching different OPC-UA stacks to add to AdvancedHMI.
I have found one that works out of the box and whose syntax is very similar to AdvancedHMI.
It’s by a company named Traeger.
They offer their sdk as a 14 day trial.
Download it, add two references to AdvancedHMI and off you go.

Code: [Select]
Import OPC.UaFx.Client

Dim client As New OpcClient(“opc.tcp://192.168.16.97:4840”)
client.Connect()
Label1.Text = client.ReadNode(“ns=6;s=::AsGlobalPV:TankTemperature.Actual”)

The sdk allows read/write to one or multiple nodes. Also can subscribe to one or many nodes and will fire an event if one changes.

Bad thing is they are in Germany. Not sure if they sell to USA.

https://www.traeger.de/opc-produkte/net-opc-ua-server-and-client-sdk.html

If anyone else has found something similar or has somehow got the Open OPC-UA sdk to work please let me know.

Phrog30

Re: OPC-UA Driver
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:13:09 PM »
No bites on this?

It looks like no...