Author Topic: IO Map  (Read 715 times)

Gene T.

• View Profile
IO Map
« on: November 11, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
It has been a while but I seem to remember a topic that explained how to setup an IO Map that would direct the base tag to use a specific address
in the PLC. This way would allow the actual PLC tag name to be edited in a list instead of actually having to edit every field of the display screen. I am sure that I seen this
before but I have searched and can't locate the thread. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Phrog30

Re: IO Map
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
Are you looking for something during runtime or development?  Godra posted something that allows for changes during runtime. If it's development, there are several ways to do it.

Can you explain in better detail what you need?

DougLyons

• View Profile
IO Map
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 09:20:02 PM »
Maybe it was Archie's article about setting up a Tag Database here:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=943.msg4847#msg4847

Gene T.

• View Profile
Re: IO Map
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 03:17:54 PM »
Thanks DougLyons. That is what I was looking for.

Phrog30, What I have is an HMI that talks to multiple PLC's. Each PLC is seperate machine.
I am monitoring the same tags from each PLC, however, different brands may use a different tag name.
For instance brand1 may call their tag system_pressure while brand2 may call their tag sys_press.
So my thought process is name the base tag C1_system_pressure with a map for the IO to actually read system_pressure.
C2_system_pressure would be mapped to sys_press. This way only the map would need to be edited if the machine is replaced with another mfg.
Location 1 may have....
C1 = brand1
C2 = brand2
C3 = brand1
C4 = brand2

Location 2 may have
C1 = brand2
C2 = brand2
C3 = brand2
C4 = brand1

It would be great if this can be done during runtime.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.