Author Topic: VS Does it again!  (Read 2489 times)

ddddd13

• View Profile
Re: VS Does it again!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2019, 05:59:30 AM »
Guys;

You need to realize I am green. With that said, for others to understand what I was doing wrong, make sure the first thing you do is build rebuild. DO NOT CLICK ON A FORM!!!!!!!!! When VS loads up it shows a list of the forms you have made. It looks very much like a directory. I assumed this meant VS did not load the form and would click on the form to load it. AT THIS POINT IT IS TOO LATE. Build rebuild will not work at this point. YOU MUST.

Click on VS to start when the first window opens it will show a list of recent projects click one of them, it will load, AT THIS POINT THE FORMS ARE LOADED BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE DO THE BUILD REBUILD!

Missing this simple point has given me more grief than you can imagine. I have started over at least 50 times and more likely over 100. In order to have a point to go back to I have over 20 version of Advanced HMI on my computer.

Hopefully this will be the end of the pain and it will be smooth sailing hence forward.

Again I thank you for your help,
Dave

Phrog30

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »
Guys;

You need to realize I am green.

I think everyone realized that.  My point, don't blame software on your greenness. 

ddddd13

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
Guys;

As an update. I have been running the software for several days now without problems. So, the build rebuild is the solution. I have had to shut down VS several times then reload and build rebuild. No problem, but it is a software issue.

Thanks,
Dave

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
Guys;

As an update. I have been running the software for several days now without problems. So, the build rebuild is the solution. I have had to shut down VS several times then reload and build rebuild. No problem, but it is a software issue.

Thanks,
Dave

software issue again?
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================