Author Topic: Does AdvancedHMI v361 understand Micrologix PID file nomenclature  (Read 2741 times)

psehorne

• View Profile
My Micrologix PID file is PD9.  Whenever I put a PD9 type of address in a control AdvancedHMI returns "Invalid PLC address".  I have tried variations of the address, like PD9:0/14, PD9:0/SPS, PD9:0.14, PD:0/SPS, 9:0/SPS, etc.  Am I doing something wrong?  AdvancedHMI is happy with N7:0, B3:0, etc

Thanks,
Paul

psehorne

• View Profile
Re: Does AdvancedHMI v361 understand Micrologix PID file nomenclature
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »
If I use PD9:14 style I do not get the Invalid PLC Address message.  I get INVALID VALUE RETURN.  I am using a Digital Panel Meter and it works fine with N7:0.

psehorne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:46 PM »
Using the proper addressing scheme as stated on page 287 of 1763-rm001 (Sept 2011) AdvancedHMI returns Invalid PLC Address.  I am using a Micrologix 1100 Series B FRN 11 (the latest firmware).

Why is AdvanceHMI returning this error?  It works fine with N7:25 for example. 

The difference is type N files are integer files and the number after the colon is the word to be addressed.  Type PD files are also integer files but can contain up to 255 elements, each of which 20 contain sub-elements, and thus require a different addressing scheme.  From page 281 of the aforementioned manual:

Each PD data file has a maximum of 255 elements and each PID instruction requires a unique PD element. Each PD element is composed of 20 sub-elements, which include bit, integer and long integer data.

Thus the address requires an element and a sub-element as in PD9:0.SPV, but AdvancedHMI doesn't like this address.

The sub-elements I am trying to access are integers (CVS, SPV, for exampe).

What can be wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

psehorne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:36:14 PM »
In my previous post I should have added that the addresses that I am trying to read are PD9:0.SPV and PD9:0.CVP, and I am using RXLogix 500 8.10

R5ROUSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
I have the same issue... I just moved the data youat I wanted to read into integer files..

psehorne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »
I have the same issue... I just moved the data youat I wanted to read into integer files..

That is what I did to get around the problem. 

I have learned from Archie that AdvancedHMI does not support the PID file type.