Author Topic: Beckhoff CX8090  (Read 5940 times)

KariM

• View Profile
Beckhoff CX8090
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:42:46 AM »
Hi.
Has anyone get connection to CX8090 PLC with AdvancedHMI.
Tryed weekends of 2 month. No correct responce from PLC.
AdvancedHMI in PC with NO TwinCat.
Tryed with Microsoft Visual Basic Express Edition 2008 and 2010.
Win XP in PC.
Examples in here so old, that those Visual Basics want newer files, so
upgrade with ArtinSoft VisualBasic Upgrader is made.
Earlier tryed get connection to Beckhoff CP6607. No work.
In videos and examples it seem easy, but what is the important thing
that not showed or writed?
KariM

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Beckhoff CX8090
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »
I discovered the CX8090 has some kind of software problem. You can see this by using System Manager to do a broadcast search and add route. This works once, but no more until after a power cycle. The AdvancedHMI driver uses the same sequence to register a temporary route. If TwinCAT or AdvancedHMI performed this route register once, then AdvancedHMI will no longer be able to connect because it will timeout waiting for a response from the run time.

The CX8090 is the only controller I have found this problem with. All other systems work as long as AdvancedHMI is on a separate PC that has never had TwinCAT installed. If the PC had TwinCAT installed and uninstalled, then the routes have to be manually removed from the target TwinCAT system.

KariM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:52:59 AM »
Hi Archie
And thank you.
Bad news from you. It is shame to pay same money as PLC costs for HMI-software.
But maybe I have do it. (byääääää!)
KariM

bobobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 05:13:17 AM »
Hi
This is a Beckhoff bug I have found on CX9000-series for long time. It won't work with the temporary routes. Just as Archie describes the add route functionality in the plc will hang if you try to add a temporary route.
When I found that behaviour Archie added the "Use static route" in Adv.HMI and with that it works for the CX9000.
But keep in mind that you have to powercycle after you have once tried to add a temporary route. The plc will not respond at all to Adv.HMI "add static route-messages" and neither to System manager.
I have reported this problem to beckhoff but havn't got any feedback.

I don't remeber exact which Adv.HMI version I used, but there might be a bug in Adv.HMI when using static route. I found this note from last time I were working on this:
>>'* add on these bytes when resgistering a temporary route
>>If sendbuf.Length => (i + MyIPAddress.Length) Then        ‘This will always be true even when using static route but
>>If sendbuf.Length > (i + MyIPAddress.Length+1) Then     ‘This works better
There was some kind of problem with how Adv.HMI generate the route name and count the message length. I don't remember the details, but I fiddled around a lot to get the communication working on some machines, sometimes it worked immediately. The note above might well be wrong since it may be written before I got it all working good... but it is a clue to where to find a possible bug.

Best Regards
Mattias

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
Update... I seem to have found a solution that makes the CX8090 work. Updating the flash card image with version 353e resolved the connection issues for me. You can download this update from here:

ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/Software/embPC-Control/CX80x0/CX80xx/