General Category > Open Discussion

What would you like to see in the next major release?

(1/22) > >>

Archie:
Version 3 is in a stage of winding down meaning there will only be bug fixes and minor features added. The plans for version 4 is in the works. I would like to ask what everyone would like to see in Version 4.

A most likely noticeable change will be in the PLCAddress properties. With the upcoming version 4 these properties will not only let you put in an addresss or tag name directly, but also open a dialog that lets you specify scaling parameters. This means current properties like ValueScaleFactor and ValueScaleOffset would go away.

Universal Apps are also being investigated. Under  this format, an AdvancedHMI app would be able to run on a desktop, tablet, phone, and Raspberry Pi.

So if you have any visions of where you like to see the next major version go, please post your ideas.

Godra:
There were several topics discussing a possibility of using AHMI on a Raspberry Pi with a serial based PLC connected to it (and a touchscreen).

I guess that ethernet driver seems to be working fine for this kind of setup and if serial connection could be resolved as well then that could make AHMI very "attractive".

maxketcham:
A good user manual would be what I'd want

BLFTech:
It would be nice to import tags that are exported from the ControlLogix and CompactLogix platforms. Then have them available to select from the controls with a drop down list.

AabeckControls:
When you add a new Windows form it always shows up as white background, 300x300 size.

Could you add a way to change the new form defaults so I can make them with the background and screen size for the project I am working on at the time? Then I change the defaults when I start a new project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version