Author Topic: Direct Logic 06 Input naming  (Read 1451 times)

Aviraj

• View Profile
Direct Logic 06 Input naming
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »
Hi

I am designing a HMI and the controls are being controlled by AutomationDirect's Direct Logic 06 PLC. The input naming on the layout sheets has been done like X5, X11, X3 etc. which are the physical input names. By the way, I did not program the PLC and I am only making the HMI for it. When I enter these addresses into the PLCAddressValue field, I get a message complaining that input addresses should be 4 to 11 characters long. I cant seem to figure out how to translate that address to something that will be accepted by the Advanced HMI.

Any help from anyone will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Direct Logic 06 Input naming
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:38:19 PM »
You will need to find the conversion from the PLC addresses (X1, Y1, etc) to it's Modbus address.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
Try 00001 for X0 and 10001 for Y0

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:05:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply Archie. I went back to the manual for the DL 06 and found something related to address translation. The link to the manual is: http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d006userm/d006userm.html

In Volume 1, Pg 143 and Pg 145 talk about the Modbus Addressing. I am following the addressing given on Pg 145 which is for if your MODBUS Host Software requires an address only. The input addresses are getting accepted, however, for the output addressing, Advanced HMI complains about an invalid address and saying that the first digit of the address is invalid. The output MODBUS addresses are in the range of (2049-3072). Am I looking at the correct addressing scheme or is there something else that needs to be done ?

Thanks a lot

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 05:19:17 PM »
Those address ranges are the offset. The data type will then tell which function code or Modbus address to use. So Input type must start with a 0. So your first address is going to be a 002048

The first digit is important to the AdvancedHMI driver because it is used to determine which function code to use.