Author Topic: Restore / transfer saved .vb file  (Read 808 times)

pat@uow

• View Profile
Restore / transfer saved .vb file
« on: March 07, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
Hi there

Was using AHMI 3.99x with VS2015 on one machine, comms to IPCLX and controls working fine except for charting. Saved project and 3 .vb files named "Rig1" saved to flash drive.

Now trying to configure same project offline on another machine with VS2017. Added Rig1.vb files from flash drive to the solution explorer. Downloaded and added VS power packs required for static lines, but solution is now throwing an error on build saying the power packs are not available, even though they appear in the toolbox. There are also errors to the effect that the "Main Form" is duplicated.

Probably something I've done wrong in the save and transfer process for the .vb files, but after some guidance on correct process and any other traps in the change from VS2015 to VS2017 to do offline HMI building and then transferring the completed work back to the VS2015 machine to run with comms to the CLX. Is this even possible ?

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Restore / transfer saved .vb file
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
If you copy all of the files and folders, you should be able to open it the same whether in VS2015 or VS2017

pat@uow

• View Profile
Re: Restore / transfer saved .vb file
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 07:57:35 PM »
Thanks Archie,
That seems to work.
I have a few questions around trending and logging which I will post separately.