Author Topic: Using Advanced HMI PLC drivers in other applications  (Read 1343 times)

Gadelric

• View Profile
Using Advanced HMI PLC drivers in other applications
« on: December 23, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
Archie,

I have a couple of VS applications that use RSLinx to com with the PLC.
It has always been difficult to get RSLinx to load via the VS program, not exactly sure why.
Are you apposed to someone using your driver and retro fitting our application so we can stop using RSlinx?
I am not sure if they will be able to do so, but I wanted your blessing before I present them with the option.

Thank you for all you do,

Gad.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Using Advanced HMI PLC drivers in other applications
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »
The licensing does not allow you to use the drivers outside of an AdvancedHMI application. If you have an existing application, the solution is to add the project to the AdvancedHMI solution.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
Can he buy the standalone driver ($200 ) and retrofit his app?

In the past, I saw some posts that subscribe driver by code only and you were helping them with their code.  Isn't this the same thing ?
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »
Can he buy the standalone driver ($200 ) and retrofit his app?

In the past, I saw some posts that subscribe driver by code only and you were helping them with their code.  Isn't this the same thing ?
If he is only using the CLX driver, then the stand-alone would be the solution.

Even if using the drivers only via code, the license states the all components must still be left in the solution. You cannot break apart the solution. The reason for this is if the next person modifies the solution, they will still have all of the components available. If it is someone not familiar with AdvancedHMI and the only thing they see is part of the solution, it could leave an impressive of a very limited software package.