Author Topic: A couple newb questions about Advanced HMI  (Read 1989 times)

martinav

• View Profile
A couple newb questions about Advanced HMI
« on: April 22, 2021, 12:13:12 AM »
Hello forum,

I'm new to this product.  I bought the version update as well as the add-on tools.  I like to reward those who develop good stuff!  I have a couple newb questions...

1.  I presume form posts I have seen that VB 2019 CE is the preferred version of VB?  I have seen videos using 2017, but they were a bit older.  I want to make sure I'm using the most stable platform.
2.  I am not well associated with VB.  Is there a good way to save a project, and reload it on another PC?  Or, do you just copy the entire AdvancedHMI folder?  I am developing my interface in two locations, on two different PCs.  I tried putting the advanced hmi folder on OneDrive, and I'm not sure that was the best thing to do.  I got some sort of error trying to access from another location after I started it at the other. (VB 2019 CE). 
3.  Similarly, I presume if you want to develop another screen, you just unzip a fresh folder of Advanced HMI, and then get started from there?
4.  Is there a way to compile your finished work to run without the VB interface?  I would like for regular individuals to run this when its done.  I could see bad things happening if it requires VB to be running... heck, I've had bad things happen, and I halfway know what I'm doing!

Thanks much.
Rod

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: A couple newb questions about Advanced HMI
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:14:56 AM »
1. VS 2019 CE is the recommended

2. You will copy the complete solution folder. It is also recommended to copy this to your deployment PC also to avoid any issues with versions or lost source.
https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg37#msg37

3. If you want to develop another project/solution, you are correct to start with a fresh copy of the original solution

4. See the link from answer 2

martinav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 02:55:45 AM »
Thanks, Archie!

martinav

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 04:00:41 PM »
I feel like I'm missing key information on how this app works.  However, I have searched and perhaps I dont even know what to search for with some of my questions. 

Back on #2...

If I want to wrap the new 399y version on an existing HMI mainform.vb?  I was hoping to not have to start fresh if I want to use a new version of AdvancedHMI.  There is no install with this thing, so is it a complete do-over?  Or whats the procedure here?

Thanks,
Rod

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »

martinav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 10:18:46 AM »
I am not a vb developer.  Step 5 is simply not doable.

Seems I purchased one upgrade service when I purchased the add-ons.  I would like to cash in on that. 

Looks like my zip file is too large to attach here.  Please let me know how to get it to you.

Thanks!

Rod

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 02:02:01 PM »
For the upgrade service, upload the project to something like Google Drive or One Drive, then send that link to sales at advancedhmi.com and give your order number