Author Topic: New User to AdvanceHMI  (Read 725 times)

skeller2023

• View Profile
New User to AdvanceHMI
« on: September 13, 2023, 09:37:26 PM »
I have just downloaded AdvancedHMI and I am playing around with it.  Seems pretty cool.  I came across this through Comfile Technologies Pi Touch Panel PC help document.  They list AHMI as an option for development.

What are the limits of what can be done on the native VB/C# side of the software?  Can I add additional forms and references to standard Nuget packages for Microsoft Azure for example?

Is this product still being actively supported and are improvements being made?  I can appreciate slow changes as long as it is still actively monitored and improved.  With a mature product like this, I don't expect major earth-shattering changes every few months.  I guess I just want to be sure that if I start investing time in this product there will still be someone on the other side for support.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New User to AdvanceHMI
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 11:44:59 AM »
Hey skeller2023, welcome!

There hasn't been a lot of new development going on lately.  The support is good though, there are number of really sharp users on here that are active. 

I'm a casual user, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking with regards to limitations, so forgive me if I'm off base here.  As long as you are using AdvancedHMI and adding to it (not taking parts of AHMI and adding them to other projects), then you can do whatever you want.  Whatever you add to your project doesn't necessarily have to be GPL2.  When it comes to deploying your project, you need to give the entire project to the end user to comply with the license.  In other words, you can't just give them the compiled executable, you must give them the entire project.

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1092.0