Author Topic: Decompile?  (Read 649 times)

chrisziemba

• View Profile
Decompile?
« on: October 09, 2023, 05:07:59 AM »
I am taking over work somebody else did who is no longer with us.  In the folder there is an executable of Type "Application Manifest".  I execute that and it runs and populates with data.  However, I can't locate the base programming for this.  Multiple changes need made and I can't find how to open this in a way I can modify/edit it.  Any advice? I expect there's something different going on here.  When I run this, the "Launching Application" window says that it is "Verifying application requirements.  This may take a few moments."

I've been able to start from scratch with Visual Studio and am having good success.  I don't get the above message when I start the application I've developed.  I'm getting stuck here. 

Thanx much.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Decompile?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 10:28:49 AM »
If you can't find the source project, your best chance is to use JustDecompile to try to reverse out the source and project. This will usually chop up the program and need some editing afterwards.

chrisziemba

• View Profile
Re: Decompile?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 02:35:45 PM »
Thanx.  That's not cutting it either.  I keep getting "not supported files" messages.  I'll just recreate.