Author Topic: Allen Bradley SLC 503 to AHMI  (Read 1275 times)

larryhts

• View Profile
Allen Bradley SLC 503 to AHMI
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:08:21 AM »
I am trying to connect to an AB SLC 503 using a MOXA EIP3270 module. I tried using the SerialDF1overTcpforSLCMicroCom and the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom drivers.
I am trying to extend the distance for the connection. I am able to use the serial driver using RS232 a cable, but would like to use Ethernet to get more distance.
Has anyone used the MOXA EIP3270 module with AHMI before? 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Allen Bradley SLC 503 to AHMI
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
I have never used that particular device, but it looks like it would be similar to an ENI module and use the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom driver. If it doesn't work, try using the latest 3.99y Beta version

If you are only using this with AdvancedHMI, a lower cost method is to use one of these with the SerialDf1OverTcpCom driver:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254072722639

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:42:17 AM by Archie »

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:27:06 PM »
Archie  I bought the USR-TCP232-302 and It got here this morning. It works well with AHMI. I was trying to get the ability to use the Logix 500 over the same connection. I have a ticket in with MOXA. All their support is email first. I will post after I find out if there is a fix.
Thanks for your time

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »
Archie  I bought the USR-TCP232-302 and It got here this morning. It works well with AHMI. I was trying to get the ability to use the Logix 500 over the same connection. I have a ticket in with MOXA. All their support is email first. I will post after I find out if there is a fix.
Thanks for your time
I think if you use the virtual com port driver, the USR can be used with RSLogix with the DF1 driver, but you then lose the ability to use AdvancedHMI simultaneously.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:37:48 AM »
Archie, I down loaded the USR-VCOM and it works very well. I now have RS Logix500 running and AHMI app at the same time. Both are a bit slower but no conflicts. I won't have Logix500 running except to troubleshoot. Still waiting on MOXA's support. Will likely send the MOXA back. The USR is much nicer to set up.

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:51:01 AM »
Does the VCom allow you to run both RSLogix500 and AdvancedHMI at the same time? I never tried the VCom software, but with COM ports I have only ever seen where you could run one software at a time.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 04:34:16 PM »
I can run both rslogix500 and AHMI but the through put is slower.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »
That's good to know because I would have thought once RSLinx grabbed to virtual com port, it would not let AdvancedHMI have access to it.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
I have set up 2 SLC5/03's using Moxa's Ethernet serial port adapters. They get installed on the AHMI computer as a normal COM port and use the standard DF1 driver perfectly.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
I am now getting an Error from the “SerialDF1overTcpforSLCMicroCom” driver that locks up the panel.

“System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
  HResult=0x80131502
  Message=Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  Source=mscorlib
  StackTrace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at AdvancedHMIDrivers.SerialDf1overTcpForSLCMicroCom.OnSubscriptionDataReceived(SubscriptionEventArgs e) in G:\AdvancedHMIDrivers\AllenBradley\SerialDf1overTcpForSLCMicroCom.vb:line 261
   at MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.AllenBradley.PCCC.PCCCforHMI.a(PlcComEventArgs A_0)
   at MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.AllenBradley.PCCC.PCCCforHMI.a()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() “

Not sure what’s causing it.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 06:13:35 PM »
I am now getting an Error from the “SerialDF1overTcpforSLCMicroCom” driver that locks up the panel.

at AdvancedHMIDrivers.SerialDf1overTcpForSLCMicroCom.OnSubscriptionDataReceived(SubscriptionEventArgs e) in G:\AdvancedHMIDrivers\AllenBradley\SerialDf1overTcpForSLCMicroCom.vb:line 261
   at MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.AllenBradley.PCCC.PCCCforHMI.a(PlcComEventArgs A_0)
   at MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.AllenBradley.PCCC.PCCCforHMI.a()

Not sure what’s causing it.
In the file AdvancedHMIDrivers\AllenBradley\SerialDf1overTcpForSLCMicroCom.vb  change line 261 to this:
Code: [Select]
If (e.Values IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (e.Values.Count > 0) AndAlso e.Values(0) Is Nothing Then

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 06:52:12 AM »
Thanks Archie, I'll change it today.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
Thanks Archie, I'll change it today.
That code is actually just left over debug code. You can actually delete the 3 lines of code starting with the "If" to the "End If".