Author Topic: PilotLight linked to a PLC  (Read 1864 times)

Aviraj

• View Profile
PilotLight linked to a PLC
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:36:33 PM »
Hi

I am extremely new to Advanced HMI and was building up an application. I was looking to tie a few Pilot Lights to the PLC inputs to see if a particular input was turned on or not. I am seeing that the Pilot Light tool properties do not have the "PLC Properties" in them. Is there a way that I can still tie the Pilot Lights to the actual PLC Inputs ? If not is there any work around to it ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: PilotLight linked to a PLC
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:17 PM »
Look for the Property PLCAddressValue. It may not be in a certain group, so if you sort the properties alphabetically , it is easier to find.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
Hello Archie

The property PLCAddressValue is not listed anywhere in the toolbox ! I see that property in the vb code for the PilotLight tool, but it does not show up in the Properties list. Also if a actually try using the PLCAddressValue property in the code, it give me an error.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
I added a PilotLight from the ToolBox to the MainForm, then the picture is what I see in the Properties Window. There is no need to do anything in code.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
Hi Archie

That is really strange. I do not see those properties when I open the properties for the PilotLight. I've attached all the properties that I see.

One difference that I see is that in my Properties Windows, it says MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.PilotLight , which is different from what I see in the picture you attached.

Also, when I first opened up the AdvancedHMI solution after installation, all the AHMI controls were not being shown the in Toolbox. I had to manually add them by browsing from the specified file (Attached screenshot show where I added them from). Could this have something to do with the problem I am experiencing ?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
Also, when I first opened up the AdvancedHMI solution after installation, all the AHMI controls were not being shown the in Toolbox. I had to manually add them by browsing from the specified file (Attached screenshot show where I added them from). Could this have something to do with the problem I am experiencing ?
That's where the problem is coming from. You have a base class in your ToolBox, not the AdvancedHMI controls.

Go to Tools->Options from the menus. Then select Windows Form Designer group. Look for Automatically Populate Toolbox and make sure that is True.

You may also have to Right Click your Toolbox and select Reset Toolbox
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:00:18 PM by Archie »

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »
Hi Archie

So I changed that option, reset the Toolbox and rebuilt the MainForm. It automatically populated all the controls and under the correct subgroups. However, now when I try inserting a PilotLight, it gives me an error about failing to create the component. I am attaching a screenshot here.

Thanks a lot

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 11:31:49 PM »
Try exiting Visual Studio, then re-open the project and immediately Rebuild All

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:51:53 AM »