Author Topic: BasicDataLogger2 sql database  (Read 4967 times)

PLCTech

• View Profile
Re: BasicDataLogger2 sql database
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »
Ideally yes, I would like to capture everything once they have all changed. Only other issue is the downtime reason may stay a zero, depending on how the logic captures the event. So it may not really matter that there are multiple lines. We may be able to code around that on the other end of what we are trying to do.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 01:00:36 PM »
Ideally yes, I would like to capture everything once they have all changed. Only other issue is the downtime reason may stay a zero, depending on how the logic captures the event. So it may not really matter that there are multiple lines. We may be able to code around that on the other end of what we are trying to do.
So you only want to log a record when all 4 values have changed?

PLCTech

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »
Yes, ideally that is what I would like. But would all of the values have to change, or can some of them remain unchanged. And example would be:

When the Machine Running bit goes TRUE, then the downtime reason value should go to zero. When the Machine Running bit goes FALSE, the downtime reason may remain a zero, depending on whether or not the logic in the PLC has enough coding to recognize all stops. If it doesn't then the downtime reason would remain a zero. Will this mess up the Advanced HMI coding? Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone and let the programmer on the other end of this project sort out the various lines in the .log file.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »
Yes, ideally that is what I would like. But would all of the values have to change, or can some of them remain unchanged. And example would be:

When the Machine Running bit goes TRUE, then the downtime reason value should go to zero. When the Machine Running bit goes FALSE, the downtime reason may remain a zero, depending on whether or not the logic in the PLC has enough coding to recognize all stops. If it doesn't then the downtime reason would remain a zero. Will this mess up the Advanced HMI coding? Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone and let the programmer on the other end of this project sort out the various lines in the .log file.
It sounds like you want to log any time the Machine Running changes value irrelevant of whether the other values change or not.

PLCTech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 02:35:01 PM »
I really want to capture the machine running bit and the downtime reason. The Machine ID does not change since I read each machine separately into their own files. I think I will leave the code as is and get the programmer to figure out something on his end,

Thanks.