Author Topic: Error on New Installation / New Build  (Read 2838 times)

Steve Etter

• View Profile
Error on New Installation / New Build
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
I've just fired up a brand new computer, Windows 10, installed both VS Community Express 2017 and the downloaded and installed the latest version of AdvancedHMI.  When I unzip Advanced HMI and fire it up, everything seems good until I do that very first "Build" which won't complete.  Instead I get a failure with this message:

"Couldn't process file MainForm.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files.   AdvancedHMI"

I get a second failure message for AdvancedHMIcs.

I haven't located anything on the web and can't move on at the moment.

Any ideas?

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Error on New Installation / New Build
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I haven't seen this issue before but will make a suggestion:

Remove the MainForms from the solution and see if you can perform the build

Archie can suggest if this action might be contrary to the license, which IMHO shouldn't be the case since UsageAndLicense text file is still a part of the solution.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:52:58 PM by Godra »

Steve Etter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
I will try this on Monday (maybe).  It occured to me that I hadn't downloaded all the updates and bloatware for Windows, so I'm in the process of that right now.  Slooooow.

Anyway, I will give it another shot after that and try your suggestion if the problem remains.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »
This same error was reported by another user. I also did find it reported by other VS users, so it seems to be some update pushed out by Microsoft:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/291761/couldnt-process-file-abcresx-due-to-its-being-in-t.html

My first thought was to delete the resx file by using this process:

The resx file that it is referring to only contains text for a label on the first default form, so it can be deleted:

-   Open MainForm in design view
-   Delete the label in the upper left with the 6 steps on getting started
-   In Soultion Explorer, click the icon for Show All Files
-   In Solution Explorer, expand down MainForm.vb
-   You should now see MainForm.resx and you can delete that file

Steve Etter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »
Thanks Archie.  That fixed it.

Steve

needhmi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »
This same error was reported by another user. I also did find it reported by other VS users, so it seems to be some update pushed out by Microsoft:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/291761/couldnt-process-file-abcresx-due-to-its-being-in-t.html

My first thought was to delete the resx file by using this process:

The resx file that it is referring to only contains text for a label on the first default form, so it can be deleted:

-   Open MainForm in design view
-   Delete the label in the upper left with the 6 steps on getting started
-   In Soultion Explorer, click the icon for Show All Files
-   In Solution Explorer, expand down MainForm.vb
-   You should now see MainForm.resx and you can delete that file

Just a little update on this in case others have the same problem.  When you delete the MainForm.resx file and you have a basic datalogger21 set up in the file, it breaks it and it has to be rebuilt - there may be other functions that this happens to.  What I finally realized, and it's in the error message- is the problem was the labels Archie mentions on the main form were still in the cs version of the solution - the one I was not using.  Once those are deleted, the solution is saved, then cleaned it will build fine without deleting the whole MainForm.resx file.  Thanks for pointing us in the right direction Archie - we'd all be lost without your help on here!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 07:45:05 PM »
Just a little update on this in case others have the same problem.  When you delete the MainForm.resx file and you have a basic datalogger21 set up in the file, it breaks it and it has to be rebuilt - there may be other functions that this happens to.  What I finally realized, and it's in the error message- is the problem was the labels Archie mentions on the main form were still in the cs version of the solution - the one I was not using.  Once those are deleted, the solution is saved, then cleaned it will build fine without deleting the whole MainForm.resx file.  Thanks for pointing us in the right direction Archie - we'd all be lost without your help on here!
I suspect this was a result from any control that used PLCAddressItem type for the PCLAddress* properties as opposed to a string type. As of version 3.99y Beta 30, this problem should go away because the PLCAddressItem no longer stores its values in the resx file.