Author Topic: ChartBySampling - Can it be made to....  (Read 782 times)

Steve Etter

• View Profile
ChartBySampling - Can it be made to....
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:45:44 AM »
I've got my ChartBySampling working pretty well but there are three (3) things I'd like to make it do that I can't seem to accomplish:
1)  Make if "freeze" and stop scrolling new data.  I want to let the operator look at the waveform held still on the screen.
2)  Make it "unfreeze" again.  Pick-up again with current data (I expect data will be ignored/lost while "frozen")
3)  Make it "restart" from scratch.  Keep all current Min/Max settings but erase the screen and start scanning anew.

Can any of these be done and, if so, what properties do I use to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: ChartBySampling - Can it be made to....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »
I uploaded a sample project with a form that has a ChartBySampling that does exactly that:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/SampleProjects

It's the LargeHMIonPanelPC. If you look under the AdvancedHMI project under the FormsPress folder, it is the PressPressureChart form.

The technique used is to make a copy of the driver instance and use it dedicated to the ChsrtBySampleng by setting the ComComponent. The buttons have a few lines of VB code that change the DisableSubscriptions property to start/stop the charting.

Steve Etter

• View Profile
Re: ChartBySampling - Can it be made to....
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
Thanks Archie.  That is exactly what I needed.

Steve