Author Topic: Motor State (T/F) remains the same, but goes green even when PLC is offline  (Read 785 times)

dwight.arrants@tstc.edu

• View Profile
Using a pair (start / stop) of momentary button switches to start / stop motor

Looks like the motor goes green when start command is sent, not when motor is actually running.
When the PLC is offline, I get an error message, but the color still changes.

Is there a way to read the real state (on/off) of the motor instead of the intended state?

What I am asking is can I stop the motor changing colors when the PLC is offline?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:32:50 PM by dwight.arrants@tstc.edu »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
You will have to give more details. What addresses are your motors set to? The buttons? What does you ladder code look like?

The easiest thing to do is to add BasicLabels set to the same PLCAddresses so you can see True/False instead of colors.

dwight.arrants@tstc.edu

• View Profile
I guess this is a total newbie question, but it seems to me the HMI should have 3 states for the motor

On, Off, and duh I don't know the PLC won't talk to me.
When the PLC is online and running everything works.

Problem is when the PLC is turned off, the color of the motor on the HMI changes. the color change gives the impression that the HMI is still in control.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
The motor color should freeze at its last state if the PLC loses comminutions. I think a message will appear on themotor saying communications were lost.

dwight.arrants@tstc.edu

• View Profile
Thank you sir,
Yes, it was operator error at another location in the code I wrote.