Author Topic: disappearing datasubscribers  (Read 1130 times)

MrPike

• View Profile
disappearing datasubscribers
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else has been having the issue where datasubscribers just vanish?  I am doing quite a bit of developing lately so I have been starting and stopping the project debugger alot.  every once in awhile i notice items not working that had been.  When I look at the design.vb, the datasubscribers are gone but the code for them is in the .vb, I add them back to the design.vb and have to copy the code to them and everything works again.  It is terribly frustrating, do I have some setting wrong that does this?  Thanks   

Godra

• View Profile
Re: disappearing datasubscribers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
I have noticed something opposite of that.

Every now and then when opening a project a new instance of a driver, other than the one I selected, would appear on forms other than the Main Form (EthernetIPforCLXCom).

Not a big deal since I just delete it, but your case is different.

Just checked v3.96 and Page2 already has ModbusRTUCom1 driver on it.

Wild guess, Archie was doing some testing with it and left it there.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
This is an unfortunate "bugginess" in Visual Studio. VS is technically an automated code writer. When you add items to the form, it is writing code in the background. Sometimes this code writer makes a mistake.

If you select the AdvancedHMI project in the Solution Explorer, then click the "Show All Files" at the top of the Solution Explorer window, you will see many additional files. If you expand down your for, there is a designer.vb code below it. This is the code that is automatically written by VS. Sometimes you can go into this code and find the mistake that VS made causing your controls to seemingly disappear.

This code is also very good for seeing how things can be done via code.

scott.clark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
I had a DataSubscriber disappear also, only has happened to me once so far.