Author Topic: AdvancedHMI.exe not working  (Read 4135 times)

Aviraj

• View Profile
AdvancedHMI.exe not working
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
Hello

I created an HMI on a Windows 7 machine and verified the functioning. I copied the AdvancedHMI.exe over to a Windows XP machine. I installed .NET 4.0 on the XP machine. When I try running the .exe file, I get an error (shown in the attached picture). The Windows XP machine does not have Visual Studio installed on it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: AdvancedHMI.exe not working
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
Is the XP machine connected to the internet to allow you to run Windows Update? If so, run the update check until no more updates are available.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:46:04 PM »
Hi Archie

Yes, the XP is connected to the Internet, and I just turned on the Automatic Updates and they will run in about 15 min. Hopefully that works. Also when I go through the Application Logs in the Event Viewer on the XP machine, the cause of the error seems to be related to .NET 4.0. Don't know why though !

calimero100582

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »
can you check the content of the errors (double click), seems like a missing DLL

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
Hi Archie/calimero100582

I installed all the updates to the XP machine, restarted the machine, and it is still the same issue. I am attaching the error descriptions here. The detailed description for the errors is attached here.

Thanks a lot

Avi

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 04:05:17 PM »
This is really giving a vague error without much to go on. I would just try to create a new Windows Form application in Visual Studio (non-AdvancedHMI base), add a label to the form, then see if that application runs. This will at least narrow down to a .NET issue or an AdvancedHMI issue.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »
Hi Archie

I just did what you suggested. Created a sample Windows Forms Application and place a button and a checkbox on it, built it and copied the executable over to the XP Machine, and that runs fine on the XP machine. No .NET issues while executing it. So I am guessing it might have something to do with Advanced HMI or rather .NET running with Advanced HMI.

Any suggestions on what I could try next ?

Thanks

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
On your non-AdvancedHMI application, right click the Project in Solution Explorer and select Properties. In the Application tab, see if the Target Framework is .NET 4

If not, change it to .NET 4 and run the test again. This is the framework version that AdvancedHMI uses.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 09:23:20 AM »
Hi Archie

I tried that too. It says Targeted framework: .NETFramework, Version=v4.0 (capture attached). And the non Advanced HMI application runs on the XP machine. I've also tried installing the .NET v4.0.3 patch on the XP machine and that has not solved the problem either.

Aviraj

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
Hi Archie

I just installed Visual Studio 2010 on the XP Machine and then the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 in a hope that it might fix the problem. So now when I plain run the AdvancedHMI.exe file, I get a Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger and on opening the selected debugger, it gives me the description. I've attached the captures here.

I also tried making the entire HMI application on the XP machine, however, in the application, when I try putting in some controls, for e.g. a PilotLight, I get a Failed to create component error (Attached the image for that too). On closing the error, I see a FileNotFoundException error (Attaching a shot for that too !)

Do you think that these issues are inter-related ? Stuck for now !

Thanks

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »
This seems to be one of the quirks of Visual Studio. Try closing Visual Studio, then re-open the Solution and immediately do a Rebuild.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »
Hello Archie

I tried what you suggested but it is still the same result. I am continuing to get the same errors. Anything else that I could try to make it work ? Would be great if either the AdvancedHMI.exe file runs or I could re-design the HMI ?

Regards

Aviraj

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »
This would be the next thing to try:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.0

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
Hello Archie

So finally, I managed to run the AdvancedHMI.exe file on the XP Machine ! The problem was being caused due to some dependencies. I copied the entire Debug folder instead of just the .exe file and it worked the first time !

Also, another question, I just wanted to monitor the input and outputs of a PLC (to see if the machine was turned on or not) and I was using PilotLights for this. I wasn't really sure what my PilotLight properties should be. I would just like the PilotLight to turn on if something is in the ON state, and stay OFF otherwise. My current property settings look something like this (relevant ones):

Output Type: MomentarySet
SuppressErrorDisplay: False
Value: False

CommComponent: ModbusTCPCom1
PLCAddressClick:
PLCAddressText:
PLCAddressValue: 12050
PLCAddressVisible:

I don't quite see any lights turned on knowing that some of the inputs are on! Anything that needs to be changed maybe ? Also, I am assuming that clicking on the PilotLight does not have any effect on the state of the input/output (because the color of the light changes when you click on it !)

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Aviraj
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:34:07 PM by Aviraj »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »
Where did the 12050 come from? I'm thinking it needs to be a 012050