Author Topic: Using with a Windows Gadget  (Read 826 times)

Steve Etter

• View Profile
Using with a Windows Gadget
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »
I know this is a little OT, but I hope it's ok...

Several years ago we created a Windows Gadget that looked at 4-digit value from another Brand X HMI application.  All the gadget does is display this one value and update it on a regular basis.  It still works, but for a couple of reasons, I would like to replace this HMI application with an AdvancedHMI version.  The reason I want to use a gadget is to allow anybody with a PC on the network to open and look at the value without having to have the AdvancedHMI program loaded. 

The value I need to watch is generated in an AB PLC and I have created a single page AdvancedHMI application that sees the value using EthernetIPforCLXcom.  I added a SimpleWebServer and am able to see the running application on the development PC using IExplorer on another PC.  The problem I can't figure how to get the gadget to see the value.  With the old Brand X HMI application we were able to simply use the http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/ address.  That doesn't seem to work for the new application.

Anybody have knowledge of gadgets and how I might be able to see my AdvancedHMI value with one?