Author Topic: Driver setup  (Read 1011 times)

alvin

• View Profile
Driver setup
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »
Hi I just start to learn HMI and have installed the Visual Studio 2017 community and AdvancedHMI.  Having trouble setup the driver.  None of the drivers under toolbox/AdvancedHMIDriver Components will display the information as shown in the AdvancedHMI Quick Start video under Properties/(applicationSettings) to allow set up the Com components properties.  Please help! Thanks. Alvin

FYI: the PLC is AB Micrologix PLC 1000 which is connected to com4 (a USB port) of my laptop by a USB1761CBLPM02 cable.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Driver setup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
Did you add the driver SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom from the Toolbox to your form? If so, click on the driver once to select it, then make sure the Properties window is visible. If not, go to View->Properties Window (or F4).

In the Properties Window do you see the property PortName?

alvin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 11:29:39 PM »
Thanks.  The com port shows in properties/Misc but not properties/(applicationsettings) as in the video.  changed ComPort to Com4 and run it and get a momentary message of "comcomponent property not set".

alvin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:47:46 PM »
searched the forum and saw the mentioning of DF1com3 driver but it is not in the driver list.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »
Select the control that shows the message and set the ComComponent property to the driver.

alvin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:52 PM »
Again I am completely new to PLC and HMI. So I studied a little more and got to the point of having a digital meter taking value from the PLC and displaying it.  So I was excited and started to add more items from the toolbox. 

While I am spinning again.  For some reasons, I cannot get back to the editing screen. The vb, designer.vb and resx files can be opened from recently files foulder and I can click start and it will show the display screen.  however I cannot get back to the editing window again.  how can I get back to the editing window? please help.  Thanks.

Is there a general manual out there for beginners? Thanks.