Author Topic: Trending Chart  (Read 7326 times)

g.mccormick

• View Profile
Re: Trending Chart
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
I am starting to mess with this and I like it a lot.  I do have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to add the plc address name property to the log data as a header? 
2. Is there a way to have logging be active even if the page is not active?  I would like to use this as historian, but have the page/pages that would be used to display the specific data be a seperate page that is selected from form change button.  The page may only be brought up once a day or week, but I'd like to be able to see past data.   

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
The code behind the MainForm includes a code snippet that stops communication updates when the form is hidden. The idea of course is to minimize communications for faster updates on the forms that are visible. Since the communications are paused, the Charts and data loggers stop getting data. You can prevent this by commenting out the code behind the form that disables subscriptions.

Right click the form and select View Code and you will see the comments on the code near the top.

When it comes to something that needs continuous communications, my preference is to use the MainMenu driven model and place data loggers on the Main Menu since that form is always active. You can learn more about the Mainmenu here:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1549.msg8337#msg8337

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »
1. Is there a way to add the plc address name property to the log data as a header? 
Not in the latest release, but I can see about adding that for the next update.