Author Topic: Advanced HMI controls not showing in toolbox/erros after built  (Read 9214 times)

Noe

• View Profile
Hi everyone.

Maybe this has been answered before, but I am not able to find it. I just downloaded the version 3.6.4 and when I try to add an AdvancedHMI control from the toolbox, there are none available. I even tried to add them manually but seems to not be registered. I opened v3.6.2 and v3.6.1 backups I had laying around, and noticed the same behaviour. I opened some old projects that I have with version lower than v3.5 (not sure which one exactly) and the controls are there! I tried once again the post-3.6 versions, but controls are absent.

Is this a VB project related issue? How to solve it?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:29:25 AM by Sprungmonkey »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Advanced HMI controls not showing in toolbox
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
There is a setting in Visual Studio to tell the Toolbox to populate automatically. See this post

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4119201/how-do-i-get-visual-studio-toolbox-to-auto-populate-projects-components

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Thank you for the quick response Archie. The property value was set to true, so I did the next recommended thing: rebuild solution...

It worked!

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
Archie

Just tried to create a new proyect from version 3.6.2, 3.6.4 and 3.6.6, and I am getting an error message whenever I try to insert a new control. This after hitting rebuild solution as I still cannot see the controls from AHMI after I unzip and open your project, just to be able to see the controls. This has been happening to me recently, but now for all the post 3.5 project versions, as pre 3.5 are not behaving like this (old projects).

Please see attached file for error.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:15:53 PM by Sprungmonkey »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
See if this works:

- Close Visual Studio
- Browse to the folder with the solution
- Delete the \bin and \obj directories in both AdvancedHMI and AdvancedHMIDrivers
- Open the Solution
- Rebuild All

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
Sorry Archie, but no luck. Exact same error window after deleting obj and bin folders in both directories, and rebuild solution.

I've been doing rollback to my PC to test if it was something that changed in my Visualbasic setup, but so far nothing has changed. I am using Rollback Rx software to go back to previous states (the whole hard drive, not only system files), and in every snapshot I test I check if the old 3.2.6 version does work, and it does everytime. Did something changed from 3.5 that is not being used in pre-3.5 versions? Maybe that would be the clue to all this. Maybe something related to .Net Framework.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »
It was around version 3.5 that it was moved to .NET framework 4.0 or higher.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »
Ok. There is something related to the project here. I made a rollback to an erlier state, from almost a month ago, when I was working on a project with AHMI without issues. Tested the latest version 3.6.6 and still the same error! Just unziped the project, deleted obj and bin folders, and rebuilt. Same error.

But without being sure that could be my framework installation, I just launched the project I was working on at that time who has AHMI v3.6.2... and it worked flawlessly! I said earlier that I tested this version, but it was a  zipped backup file that I downloaded at the time it was the latest version, so it was the original project from your webpage.

Here is the strange thing: those original file backups that I downloaded and keep as version history and I try to open generate all this error when hitting rebuild solution, as none of them would show the controls on the toolbar. But older projects I have that were already built, I can see the controls and insert them as normally you should be able. Just rebuilt that project, and failed the same way for the first time. Deleted that unziped again and hot rebuilt, and the project kept working fine including control insertion (random?).

I'm going to keep trying and rollback to a really earlier state, just to be sure if is an installation problem. If not, well, I'm really clueless. Only thing I can imagine to is to reuse the project I found that worked and stick with it until I have time to reinstall everything, even OS, hoping that will not get "corrupted" in the meanwhile.

So any other suggestion to try to find a fix, is welcome.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »
Do you have another computer that you can install a fresh copy of Visual Studio 2013 onto ?

Maybe try try to download and reinstall .NET 4.5.1 framework.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:01:54 PM by Archie »

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »
Just tried on one of the computers where I have another projects running, it has already VB2010 installed (I use to edit the project from there sometimes). Got the shown on pictures errors, when using build. Sometimes may fail, sometimes not. The old project failed once the first time I built it, none after that. The version 3.6.6 project failed just after hitting build and tried to insert a control.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 06:05:02 PM »
Second error.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
Do you have another computer that you can install a fresh copy of Visual Studio 2013 onto ?

Maybe try try to download and reinstall .NET 4.5.1 framework.

Just realized that you wrote 2013. I am using 2010, is that an issue?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »
To make sure the latest version was not corrupt, I downloaded version 3.66, extracted it and opened it in Visual Studio 2010. I performed a Build, then opened MainForm, and I have everything in my ToolBox.

I see that your errors says it cannot find MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers

Check in AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support to make sure you have MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.DLL

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »
Also Right click AdvancedHMI in the Solution Explorer, select Properties, and go to the References tab to see if MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers is listed without any errors.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
To make sure the latest version was not corrupt, I downloaded version 3.66, extracted it and opened it in Visual Studio 2010. I performed a Build, then opened MainForm, and I have everything in my ToolBox.

I see that your errors says it cannot find MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers

Check in AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support to make sure you have MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.DLL

Is present, I keep all the projects you publish as zip files to prevent corruption as possible.

Also Right click AdvancedHMI in the Solution Explorer, select Properties, and go to the References tab to see if MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers is listed without any errors.

Seems to be fine to me, but please let me know if you see something wrong (see attached).