Author Topic: Basic indicator intermittently showing incorrect value..  (Read 1739 times)

lostcontrol

• View Profile
Basic indicator intermittently showing incorrect value..
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »
Hi,
So I have used the basic label in various places throughout a recent project.
I have various setups, some have 3x address's (one for 'Click', one for 'Colour 1' & another for 'Colour 2'), some just have the 'Colour 1' animation.

What we are noticing, is that periodically (Say every 4-5 sec), the indicators display their off state, only for 100ms or so.
I cannot see any Poll settings specific to the indicator, so not sure whether it is something we have done, or not?
There are about 15 or so of these components, it does not appear to be happening to all of them.

Is there something in the way I have it setup that could be causing this? I initially thought it may of been to do with reading actual IO, rather than internal registers.
PLC is a ML1400.

EDIT:
We are using version 3.975(?) by look of it. Have downloaded latest, so will try that.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:20:56 PM by lostcontrol »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Basic indicator intermittently showing incorrect value..
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »
The MicroLogix/SLC driver recently went through a rewrite, so be sure to test with the latest version. There may also still be some bugs that need worked out with the new driver.

lostcontrol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:31:18 AM »
It did appear to make a difference.
Closing the application is much faster too!!

I have numerous other applications, utilizing the Micrologix driver, which I think pre-dates a major release.
These applications are reasonable in function, incorporating DataSets etc.
I am using the DataSubscriber predominantly for reading & writing in this application.

Can I update the driver only, or is it best to start with the latest build & import?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 05:37:40 AM »
Can I update the driver only, or is it best to start with the latest build & import?
It depends on the original version of your existing solution. AdvancedHMI went through 2 major architecture changes, the first at version 3.50 and the other at version 3.80 If an upgrade crosses those boundaries, then an upgrade becomes much more tedious. The change with version 3.80 was made to help simplify upgrading. If your existing version is post 3.80, then you can simply replace the \AdvancedHMI directory of the latest solution with the \AdvancedHMI of the solution you are upgrading.

lostcontrol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »
Have tried with the latest version, the shut down of application is much faster & smoother, but the intermittent blinks are still there.
I am using the Basic Indicator for most, in some instances using the 'PLCAddressClick' and 'PLCAddressSelectColor2' properties.
Should I be using more?
I do have a screen capture showing it happening, will that help for diagnosis to understand?

When the application closes, we do get the 'NullReferenceException'

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 05:40:09 PM »
What addresses are you using through out the form? For instance, are you only using bits like B3/0 , B3/1? Or are you using a mix of words and bits from the same table such as N7:0 and N7:0/1?

lostcontrol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »
A mixture:
On a basic label, I have the click as B3:15/5, with the colour2 the same. But the Colour 3 is B3:15/2
Each label as a different primary word (way project was structured)

There are also references to N26:xx etc