Author Topic: Trackbar question  (Read 1184 times)

mthread

• View Profile
Trackbar question
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:41:22 AM »
I am needing to read a Trackbar value and then write that value to a digital display on the screen.
I think that I need to output the value of the Trackbar to a register. Then in the PLC program move that value to the register value assigned to the digital display. Something along that line.

However, I do not see any PLC address in the properties of the Trackbar where I can assign a register value.

It should not be that difficult. Is there something that I am missing here.

Appreciate any comments on this. I am under the gun to get this project done this weekend.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Trackbar question
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:18 AM »
There is an expansion pack on the web site (Analog input controls) that gives trackbar style controls for modifying values in the PLC. They offer PLCAddress properties for writing a value to the PLC and also ones to read the value back and set the trackbar to match the position of the current value in the PLC.

mthread

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »

Wow! Thank you for the fast response Archie!! Appreciate that so much!

I have purchase and installed the controls. That part works now.

However, I am using this with a GE Fanuc and I now noticed and read that the SNP driver is no longer included because of some issues.

So, is V3.5 still available (and where) that I see was the last version that included the SNP driver.

Also, will the new Analog controls work with V3.5?

Appreciate comments on this.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
You may be able to find the driver in version 3.21 from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.0/

But  the analog expansion pack only work in 3.99

The reason the driver was left out because there was an architecture change in the software and the original developer of that driver was no longer available to update it. If you want to get into some programming, you may be able to add the SNP driver to version 3.99 and modify it to make it compatible.

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »
The driver I found in an earlier version was SNPx. I think the latest was 3.41 but I never used it. I'm not sure what CPU you have but I think GE PLCs with the 374 plus CPU supports Modbus.