Author Topic: Unload projects. Now AdvancedHMI is not working.  (Read 1698 times)

gengfei1983

• View Profile
Unload projects. Now AdvancedHMI is not working.
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:19 PM »
Hi, I am very new to Visual Basic. I have downloaded AdvancedHMI and everything is working. But after I unloaded and reloaded the projects, all three of them (AdvancedHMI, AdvancedHMIControls, AdvancedHMIDrivers), I got the following errors
"BC30451   'AdvancedHMIControls' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level." and
"BC30451   'AdvancedHMIDrivers' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level."

I noticed the program doesn't recognize these references anymore even though they are still there. Could anyone show me how to fix it? I have attached the error messages.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Unload projects. Now AdvancedHMI is not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »

gengfei1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:49 PM »
The first thing to try is this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.msg5555#msg5555

Hi, Archie, thank you for the quick reply. I have tried the complete cleaning methods.
But still have the same problem. I have attached the screenshot.

I didn't write too much in this project. So it is OK if it doesn't work in the end. The reason
I unloaded the projects is I was trying to build a system that can talk to both PLC and ABB robot.
I added ABB.Robotics.Controllers.PC.dll from ABB Robot Communication SDK  as reference in project AdvacnedHMI.
After build, the system will give warnings. See attachment2. I have googled this problem and one of the solution requires
unloading the projects.

Any suggestions about how to resolve this references in different .NET Framework issue?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 02:49:31 AM »
When you say you "unloaded the project", can you explain what you mean?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:20:16 PM by Archie »

gengfei1983

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »
Hi, Archie, please refer to the attached image for the "unloading" I was talking about. I unloaded the projects and then reloaded them. After that, the project will not work anymore. Below is the link for what I was trying to do.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudioalm/2015/04/07/reference-could-not-be-resolved-error-when-validating-your-architecture-using-visual-studio-architecture-modeling-tools/

I have tried another way to fix the different .NET framework problem. I changed Target framework from .NET Framework 4.0 to .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Project/AdvancedHMI Properties/Application/Target framework), so far everything is still OK, the ABB Robot communication reference doesn't generate any errors. I hope this will not create other problem in AdvancedHMI.

I haven't tried the connection with Robot yet since I have to wait for spare time in the lab. I will update my progress later.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:51:43 PM by gengfei1983 »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
The AdvancedHMI software comes preconfigured with a chain of dependencies that makes it all work out of the box. If a project is unloaded, it breaks all of the dependencies, therefore not allowing it to work. In a case of accidentally unloading a project, the easiest route may be to do as if upgrading your project to the latest version:

- Download and extract the latest version of AdvancedHMI
- Open the new copy in Visual Studio and perform a Build
- In Solution Explorer, right click the AdvancedHMI project and select Add->Existing Item
- Browse to the .vb files in the AdvancedHMI folder of your previous solution and select one at a time

You do not want to try to select all of them at once because VS tries to also pull in other associated files and if you select more than 1 at a time, it may not get the associated files.