Author Topic: Any way to run AdvancedHMI without PLC connection?  (Read 1264 times)

opmal7

• View Profile
Any way to run AdvancedHMI without PLC connection?
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »
I would like to demonstrate our control software (using AdvancedHMI), and won't have access to our equipment with the PLC.  Is there any way to run the program without a PLC connection?  When I try launching the program, it's very unresponsive, and all the labels read "Failed to get processor type."  I would like to be able to click through the screens, show the screen layouts, and have some "example info" entered into the fields that would normally be filled by PLC values.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Any way to run AdvancedHMI without PLC connection?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 12:49:10 AM »
You have a few options:

Option 1- Select each instance of the driver and change DisableSubscriptions to True

Option 2 - Remove the values in all of the controls PLCAddress**** properties

Option 3- Add a SimulatorCom driver, then change the ComComponent of all controls to point to SimulatorCom1

opmal7

• View Profile
Re: Any way to run AdvancedHMI without PLC connection?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
Thanks Archie.  I went through and set DisableSubscriptions to True on all the forms.  That seems to have worked, but when I click a FormChangeButton to switch from one screen to another, it is taking about 10-15 seconds to switch to the new screen?  Any ideas what to do to speed this up?