Author Topic: Forms not communicating besides MainForm on 399r  (Read 6623 times)

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
Re: Forms not communicating besides MainForm on 399r
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »

The program is in the dreaded 20.03
[/quote]

dmroeder,

Dreaded indeed!

This came about when one of our L35E A series failed one day while I was on vacation. The only spare that was available was a fresh B series. The OEM's version was 15.3 and when they remote in, one of the support guys flashed the new PLC to the v20.03, plus had to make drastic changes for their program to run correctly.

Long story short, I went ahead and flashed the remaining L35E PLC and RSLogix 5000 program to the same version so that I wouldn't need a bunch of spare L35E PLCs.

K

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Now we're getting somewhere. I duplicated your list of variables and was able to replicate the problem. It actually was not related to the REAL, but an effect of using the strings. The driver combines reads into a multi-service request and the string data sizes were calculated incorrectly causing the last item to not fit in the packet. In my test it was a string not updating because it was the last item I added to the form.

Tonight a new version of 3.99s will be released with the fix.

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »
Now we're getting somewhere. I duplicated your list of variables and was able to replicate the problem. It actually was not related to the REAL, but an effect of using the strings. The driver combines reads into a multi-service request and the string data sizes were calculated incorrectly causing the last item to not fit in the packet. In my test it was a string not updating because it was the last item I added to the form.

Great news Archie!

Can't wait to used updated release!

K

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »

Update: The BasicLabels are currently responding accordingly with the v399s release! Thanks Archie!