Author Topic: Sample App - Alarming with Status & History  (Read 13951 times)

foxtrot_alpha

• View Profile
Re: Sample App - Alarming with Status & History
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 06:03:33 AM »
guys im using this alarm project.. im simulating this project with modbus slave (MODBUS TCP COM) .. the thing i cant figure out yet is

how to generate or initiate alarms(as im using my addresses for analogues)

guys help

Phrog30

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 06:28:42 AM »
Alarms are discrete. The basic idea on the alarming is to look at an array. If you have an analog alarm you do the code in the PLC, no different than if it was discrete.

At one point I was trying to do alarms with different data types, but it was just too much work for the gain.

Phrog30

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 06:34:49 AM »
Look at this post, it has a link to the latest app that shows an example.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=117737&page=2

foxtrot_alpha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 04:44:19 AM »
thanks

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »
If curious enough then also check this other project:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2079.0

and its alternative version:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2079.msg12400#msg12400

Make sure to carefully read all the posts in the topic to understand it better.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:04:09 PM by Godra »

patrick.n

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 10:02:58 AM »
Phrog30,  Just found your template for Alarming with History.  Look very interesting. 
Trying to test it with CLX using Alarms[0] (DINT) as an array if bit triggers to display messages from .ini file.
But, as a Noob got lost in your code.

Rather than troubleshooting, just wondering if you have a version of your template setup for CLX?

And/Or/Else, a setup/changes checklist for this template.

Cheers

MajorFault

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 05:31:30 PM »
Phrog30 is no more.  This is an old version, maybe a year old or so,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cFJOS-DsbskwFAag11eDf-qQkprhWdwV/view?usp=sharing

Multi monitor is broken and I think PLC descriptions are broken as well.  But, you can use the INI file for description.  If you want to test without changing anything, use L8x 192.168.1.11 and array HMI_Alarm_Array length of 20.  The buttons will toggle some alarms for you.

You will have to build.

patrick.n

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 06:59:21 PM »
Phrog30 is no more.  This is an old version, maybe a year old or so,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cFJOS-DsbskwFAag11eDf-qQkprhWdwV/view?usp=sharing

Multi monitor is broken and I think PLC descriptions are broken as well.  But, you can use the INI file for description.  If you want to test without changing anything, use L8x 192.168.1.11 and array HMI_Alarm_Array length of 20.  The buttons will toggle some alarms for you.

You will have to build.

Thanks for response MajorFault,   Has the world moved on from this template?  Are there better ways of doing Active Alarm Lists with Alarm History mimicking the way it's done in FactoryView / PanelviewPlus and this template?

MajorFault

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 09:38:20 PM »
Bettery ways?  Maybe, maybe not.  I created this app to mimic FactoryTalk ME.  AHMI can do alarming (kind of), but there is no history, which is a huge oversight in my opinion.  My apps needed to have history... retentive on power cycle.  I used a combo of SQL and flat files to do active and historical alarms. 

Honestly, I would ask Archie why he hasn't done this on his basic app.  He's been quiet the last year or so.  Busy I guess, but haven't we all?

patrick.n

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 10:28:53 PM »
Bettery ways?  Maybe, maybe not.  I created this app to mimic FactoryTalk ME.  AHMI can do alarming (kind of), but there is no history, which is a huge oversight in my opinion.  My apps needed to have history... retentive on power cycle.  I used a combo of SQL and flat files to do active and historical alarms. 

Honestly, I would ask Archie why he hasn't done this on his basic app.  He's been quiet the last year or so.  Busy I guess, but haven't we all?

So, just to be clear:    MajorFault = SamePersonAs( ByRef Phrog30)?

Like very much what you (or Phrog30) have done - a lot of functionality apart from Alarming with history.

Are you happy to field a few questions on what you have done ? 

MajorFault

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 07:24:33 AM »
Yes and yes